Unto the Reverend Father Benedict Hidalgo Preston III,
Inquisitor Johann de ‘Odranto sends this report in keeping the Order in update with the occurrences in the wake of the death of one Petros Lorrimor, friend and mentor to this Inquisitor. This Inquisitor is not surprised by the state of Ravengro, the populace are especially suspicious of outsiders possibly more than other Ustalavians. The subject Petros Lorrimor was seen as a dabbler of the Necromantic way due to his research into Harrowstone, in fact his findings had found treacherous acts by the Whispering Way having to do with the spirits of Harrowstone. Unfortunately, he was sent to the Boneyard for his work, and in return the populace of Ravengro think him a Necromancer. A group of thugs harassed this Inquisitor and his recent companions at the burial, resorting to violence to quell the disfavor. None were killed, and healing was administered.
Upon reading the Will of the subject Petros Lorrimor, this Inquisitor and his companions ( Aramond Lunarath, Aebel Zanduri, Riplonn Thorlandroch) were asked to stay to help protect the Lorrimor Daughter, one Kendra Lorrimor. Of which this Inquisitor and his companions have agreed to do so, especially after reading Petros Lorrimor’s last Journal entry detailing the involvement of the Whispering Way in some bewitching at the Harrowstone Prison.
Suspicion occurrence details garnered through research and investigation:
- Shadowy figured being seen in the night
- Unusual lights and sounds coming from the burned out Harrowstone Prison
- Apparent death of one Petros Lorrimor with subject’s head being crushed by a gargoyle from atop the building
Suspicious activity witnessed by this Inquisitor:
- Strange letters painted in animal blood on Harrowstone monument in the night (so far Day 1: V, Day 3: E) this Inqusitor’s companions think it may be an attempt to spell out the dead Warden’s late Wife Vessoriana Hawkran also killed in the fire
- Upon investigating the Graveyard, this Inquisitor and his companions found skeletons and zombies coming up from the grave (these were dispatched and the local Father Grimbarrow was advised of our actions)
Make a record for these, and note them under research by this Inquisitor at this time.
Necessary actions, replenish the tools in false tomb in the Restlands at the crossroads of Eversleep and the Black Path, these were taken as the intention is to clear the Harrowstone.
Concerns: Unknown what the Whispering Way is scheming to do beyond the Harrowstone, will report as more clues emerge. This Inquisitor will be in the field for at least 30 more days.
In Service to Pharasma,
Brother Bernardo Giovanni Alphonse Giuseppe Vincenzo Johann Grimaldi Maneretti de Odranto